Tuesday 7 February 2017

AND SO.....FAREWELL!


After just over 4 years of groundhopping around the West Midlands, I am bringing production of this Blog to a close, as I will be moving to Sussex in the next few days.

My first Blog post covered the FA Vase match at Gornal Athletic against their opponents from East Anglia, Wisbech Town (featured photo shown above). This was a good match to cover as there was a good sized crowd, including many ground hoppers and an unusual ground, with it's steeped terraces on one side of the pitch. An exciting game too with the hosts rallying after going behind 0-2 just 6 minutes in to the first half, taking the match in to extra time and winning 4-2!

Since then I have covered 106 matches and have been all over the West Midlands area. 


I have enjoyed visiting the smaller clubs the most, like the village team of Bartestree (featured above) situated just outside the city of Hereford. A very well run, friendly club who now ply their trade back in the Herefordshire Football League after being unable to get enough interested players to travel the longer distances in the West Midlands League last season. They are doing well now and are in 2nd place. 

Other friendly clubs I'd like to mention are Littleton (near Evesham), Evesham United, Westfields, Hinton, Droitwich Spa, Chasetown, Heath Hayes and Worcester Raiders.

In the last few months I have enjoyed taking photos for my 2 local clubs, Worcester Raiders and Droitwich Spa and have had some of these photos featured in the local press, thus helping to raise the profile of these clubs.

So I hope others have gained inspiration from my work over the last few years and will continue to enjoy the world of Non-League.


That's all folks! Kind regards, Jonathan.

No comments: